Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"FELTED FREE FLOWING FLOWERS FOREVER"

UP-CYCLE, RECYCLE, REUSE, REDO, FOR A FAST, FUN AND FREE WAY TO HAVE A GARDEN FOR LIFE.
Green Thumb not included, or needed!


FELTED FREE FLOWING FLOWERS FOREVER
copyright © adhdknitting
Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted
Cascade Yarns 220 Wool
Noro Kureyon
CROCHET/KNITTING
Instruction’s for your “FFFFF” garden.
Preparation for your room divider:

You should first sand the area you are going to use for your “FFFFF” garden. I used a fine grade of sandpaper and lightly sanded the area I was doing as I went along. (I didn’t want open areas to be sanded and dull looking). If you are going to do any painting on the divider, do that first. The painting thought came to me as an after thought, I did however attempt to paint around the garden.NOT A GOOD IDEA…

I then went through all my mishaps, frogged or just unused felted knitted or crocheted projects from my stash. (thrift stores are also a great resource for old knitted/crocheted sweaters, blankets, etc.). *Important note: when buying used items that your not sure of their fiber content, please be sure to read all labels to make sure they can be felted. If there are no labels, make sure to test a section before cutting the fabric.

If you are going for a specific color theme, then try to coordinate that ahead of time before cutting and gluing your “FFFFF” onto the divider.

I then cut them into petal shapes for the flowers.(you can use stencils or cookie cutters for any shape you choose)

For the stems, I basically did the exact same thing, except I cut long strips from my leftover recycled wool and then rolled them and scrolled them to form the stems. You can also use I-cords to achieve a 3D effect for the stems or the flowers.

A FABULOUS WAY TO PLANT A GARDEN

I used just a regular craft glue. Alene’s put’s out some really great glues. Here is a site that has different types of glues for all types of projects: www.beaconcreates.com/cchart.html

No comments: